Search This Blog

newvine

Friday, January 16, 2015

Who is Theresa Chaze?

In the early 1990's, I walked away from the entertainment industry. I was burnt out and disillusioned. Instead, I focused on my fiction and my spirituality. Although it those years were very healing and fulfilling, there was still something missing.

In 2003, I was able to translate my television and writing experience into producing digital videos. At first I just promoted my work. However, my reputation for producing quality quickly spread. Other authors, PR firms, and publishers were reaching out to me to market their books.

I reached a major bend in that road in 2008. The writing on Days of Our Lives went from bad to worse. Me being me I couldn't just sit by and quietly watch the hack writing destroy one of my favorite shows. Instead, I wrote alternative storylines and posted them on the NBC Days of Our Lives board. I was just trying to be snarky and prove that there are much better writers out there. Most of the responses were positive. Nearly all wanted to read more. So I continued telling the story. As simplistic as it may seem, it was a very important turning point in my life. (You can read the Days of our Lives script by going here and  clicking the Adobe symbol. The PDF file still isn't up to industry standards. But it is just to tell the story. It is not a job presentation. If you are looking to hire me, please contact me directly. I have much better work available.)

Each "episode" only cost be a couple of two-three hours. It was mostly for fun. Originally, I never did consider it to be anything more, which is why I didn't bother making the scripts an industry standard presentation. However, many people wanted me to apple for the head writer gig. Eventually, I did clean up a presentation and apply. Luckily, I wasn't hired.

I say luckily, because if I had been, I wouldn't have rewritten Never Can Say Good-bye or created the other projects that have followed. Nor would I have started producing again. I am so very grateful to the Days of Our Lives fans, who encouraged me, but I'm even more thankful to Ken Corday for turning me down.

The past seven years have been scary and frustrating, but they have also been the most amazing years of my life. I have been challenged by my own fears and the many con artists, who tried to capitalize on my work. I was forced to find the true meaning of me. It wasn't always easy. There were many tears shed. Many times I screamed in anger, fear, and frustration. Many times I just wanted to give up. Like I said it wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

Recently, I realized that what I lost wasn't my love of the industry, but my belief in myself. I allowed others to change how I saw me and my talent. I had always been a doer. I set my goals. Then I achieved them. When people told me that it was impossible. I'd laugh and then just did it. Mostly I did it so well, that they naysayers looked stupid. This reminder was brought home recently after a snow storm. I had to go out. It never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to get out. I just drove out of my driveway through the foot and half of snow. On the way back home, a glimmer of doubt about getting back in wafted through my mind. It was casually brushed aside and I pulled easily into my driveway.

We do what we believe we can. If we think we can't then we won't. It's that simple.

I have come back to the industry much stronger and wiser than before. I am a writer, producer, and editor that the entertainment world both desires and fears at the same time. I am a creative with a keen business sense. As a writer, I create original work. As a producer, I pull together the people and resources needed to produce a quality project. My business sense keeps the budget low enough to make a profit, while still being able to keep the production values high. I have a common sense no nonsense attitude that doesn't waste time, energy, or money. I have the courage to be innovative and challenge the status quo, which is why the current insiders both need and fear people like me.




Love can be a blessing or the curse that destroys an entire town.
Have you ever met someone and suddenly felt love or hate? Did you wonder why? What if you had forgotten the reason? Would you want to remember if it could save you life? 

Never Can Say Good-bye is a paranormal thriller-horror that combines a traditional ghost story with unique twists.







 




No comments: